Acousti is a full service specialties contractor, specializing in acoustical, metal and wood ceilings, all types of flooring, from carpet to ceramic and interior and exterior finish wall systems, drywall, plaster, and framing. We service the General Contractor community as a subcontractor in the commercial markets in our 17 locations throughout Florida, Georgia, Virginia, Texas, North Carolina and Tennessee.
We offer excellent employee benefits; 401K, Health, Dental, Disability, and Life insurance. In addition, employees’ advancement is based upon growth and leadership skills. Discretionary bonus and stock ownership are based upon performance. Projects are time-sensitive so multi-tasking is necessary to effectively complete daily tasks.
- Remove extra compound after surfaces have been covered sufficiently.
- Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broadknives, or spatulas.
- Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints.
- Mix sealing compounds by hand or with portable electric mixers.
- Spread and smooth cementing material over tape, using trowels or floating machines to blend joints with wall surfaces.
- Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering.
- Sand or patch nicks or cracks in plasterboard or wallboard.
- Use mechanical applicators that spread compounds and embed tape in one operation.
- Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth.
- Install metal molding at wall corners to secure wallboard.
- Sand rough spots of dried cement between applications of compounds.
- Countersink nails or screws below surfaces of walls before applying sealing compounds, using hammers or screwdrivers.
- Select the correct sealing compound or tape.
- Apply texturizing compounds or primers to walls or ceilings before final finishing, using trowels, brushes, rollers, or spray guns.
- Check adhesives to ensure that they will work and will remain durable.
- Reliable vehicle a must
- Professional demeanor while communicating with installers and GC superintendents
- Must be able to work individually and as a team player
- Maintain construction schedules including phasing
- Great and positive attitude
As soon as possible
Employment Term and Type:
Regular, Full Time
About Acousti Engineering Company of Florida:
For over 70 years, Acousti Engineering Company of Florida and its offices throughout the Southeastern United States have been the industry leader on interior systems, providing first class service to contractors, architects, and end users alike. Acousti’s skill, experience, leadership, and unparalleled commitment to exceptional quality and detail make us the premier choice within the industry. We provide solutions to all construction needs from pricing and budgeting all the way to management and implementation. We have four core business areas serviced by our nearly 1,000 employees: Ceilings, Floors, Walls, and Specialty Construction. Our other specialties include, but are not limited to:
Suspended Acoustical Ceilings – Commercial, Educational, Institutional and Industrial applications.
Partitions – Demountables, Drywall, Whisper Walls, Prepanelized and Modular systems.
Flooring – Carpet, Resilient, Ceramic, Stone, Sheet Goods, and Wood.
Access Flooring Systems – Building Platform Technologies and Raised Computer Flooring.
Specialty Systems – Clean Rooms, Hospital Walls, and Folding Walls and Partitions.
Acousti Engineering Company of Florida is an equal opportunity employer