Responsible for laying floor coverings in establishments such as buildings, restaurants, homes, offices, and factories. Uses various materials, including laminate, linoleum, vinyl, cork, rubber, cement, carpet, wood, or tile.
- Inspect and clean surface in preparation for material.
- Correct defects such as a sub-floor that is unleveled or contains rotted wood.
- Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities from base surfaces, and fill cracks with putty, plaster, or cement grout to form smooth foundation.
- Cut flooring materials.
- Use adhesive to glue material to floor.
- Unroll and install polyethylene film.
- Install padded underlayer to reduce noise.
- Install floor covering and ensure there are no cracks.
- Clean up leftover adhesives.
- Mop up floors and inspect finished product for flaws.
- Replace any defective flooring material.
- 3+ years of floor covering installation experience (required)
- Experience with sheet vinyl and soft goods
- Ability to install flooring from start to finish
- Focus on corporate, institutional, government, medical and hospitality industries
- Must be able to work individually and as a team player
- Valid Driver’s License
- Dependable transportation to and from the jobsite
About Acousti Engineering Company of Florida:
For over 70 years, Acousti Engineering Company of Florida and its offices throughout the Southeastern United States have been the industry leader on interior systems, providing first class service to contractors, architects, and end users alike. Acousti’s skill, experience, leadership, and unparalleled commitment to exceptional quality and detail make us the premier choice within the industry. We provide solutions to all construction needs from pricing and budgeting all the way to management and implementation. We have four core business areas serviced by our nearly 1,000 employees: Ceilings, Floors, Walls, and Specialty Construction. Our other specialties include, but are not limited to:
Suspended Acoustical Ceilings – Commercial, Educational, Institutional and Industrial applications.
Partitions – Demountables, Drywall, Whisper Walls, Prepanelized and Modular systems.
Flooring – Carpet, Resilient, Ceramic, Stone, Sheet Goods, and Wood.
Access Flooring Systems – Building Platform Technologies and Raised Computer Flooring.
Specialty Systems – Clean Rooms, Hospital Walls, and Folding Walls and Partitions.
Acousti Engineering Company of Florida is an equal opportunity employer