561-863-2441 - 701 Boutwell Road, Suite B3 Lake Worth, FL 33461
Our West Palm Beach branch welcomes the opportunity to help you with your interior systems project and can provide you with the appropriate cost estimates. We provide solutions for ceilings, floors, walls and specialty construction, in particular, suspended acoustical ceilings, wall partitions, access flooring systems and more.
West Palm Beach Branch Services
Bill CarballoExecutive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Mike HainesBranch Manager
Drywall Project Manager
LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Our Project Managers manage the full life cycle of a variety of projects. They work closely with our customers and internal Acousti team members to ensure complete work on time, on budget and to our high-quality standards. It is the responsibility of our Project Managers to protect and promote the interest of the project and take actions as required to ensure that our customers receive the product that they want with the quality and detail that they desire. The Project Manager, drywall will have an advanced understanding of various standard and specialty ceiling system installation methods.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review project scope requirements to identify risks and confirm expectations upfront with all others involved; provide clarity of scope, products, schedule, coordination, etc.
- Develop accurate and comprehensive project cost estimates as the basis for upfront pricing decisions and on-going management of project profitability.
- Ensure bid proposals are accurate and project is delivered according to profit expectations.
- Ability to accurately estimate flooring projects.
- Ability to run a project from start to finish; take-offs, material order, project management, project close out/punch lists.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Focus on corporate, institutional, government, medical and hospitality industries.
- Professional face to face customer interaction and sales involvement from initial contact through business closing.
- Demonstrates the ability to carry productive and relationship building business conversations with end users and decision makers.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in gaining market share from larger competitors.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, cold calling, email, and networking.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to understand, evaluate and effectively respond to customer proposals/RFP's for large renovation and capex projects, to include blueprints, specifications, and contract documents.
- Familiar with construction industry practices, methods, materials, installations, specifications, and conditions.
- Proficiency with various systems and software tools commonly used in the industry to effectively manage the estimating, project planning and tracking processes.
- Experience working on large ceiling projects, assuring successful completion of cost, schedule, and quality expectations over an extended time while effectively managing risks.
- Strong knowledge of ceiling products and installation for problem-solving field issues during production along with identifying future challenges during the bidding phase.
- College degree, preferred with a construction focus or Project Management experience dealing with drywall.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- 3+ years of commercial drywall sales experience (required)
- Ability to accurately estimate drywall projects.
- Experience with Timberline software helpful.
- Ability to work individually and as a team player
- Quick Bid/On-Screen take off experience with above average ability/accuracy in take-offs and estimating
- Strong ability to communicate with customers, construction teams and project management personnel on specifications, scope of work, cost, and performance challenges.
- Proficient Computer Skills, including Microsoft Office
LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida, United States
The Superintendent supervises multiple site-based construction operations for assigned projects. They share responsibility with the rest of the project team for the on-time, satisfactory completion of the project and for keeping costs at or under budget.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Thoroughly reviews the project with the Project Manager and the Operations/Unit Manager, including the following documentation:
- Job Instructions
- Superintendent’s budget
- Project schedule
- Bill of materials
- Special jobsite safety issues.
- Additional information deemed appropriate
- Participates in periodic project review meetings if asked by the Project manager.
- Responsible for on-budget implementation of assigned projects.
- Immediately identify, quantify, record, log, and report all changes (Change Orders) in the scope of the project.
- Responsible for on-time and on-budget completion of assigned projects, with all safety requirements and quality standards met.
- Understands the detailed project schedule and provides day-to-day monitoring of the progress vs. schedule.
- Communicates daily with field employees and the Project Manager regarding project progress and general issues; communicates important or emergency issues to the Operations/Unit Manager immediately.
- Manages the labor pool assigned to the project at or under budget.
- Provides day-to-day supervision and tracking of the details and quality of the work of crew members.
- Provide on-going training to crew members as required to successfully complete all assigned tasks.
- Ensures that required field reports are submitted accurately from each of his jobs by the established deadlines.
- Works with the Operations/Unit Manager on deployment of field labor.
- Works with the Project Manager and the Operations/Unit Manager to plan the amounts and delivery dates of materials for the project.
- Requests project materials on an as-needed basis from the Operations/Unit Manager with at least 48 hours advance notice.
- Monitors the use of equipment at jobsites and informs the Operations/Unit Manager concerning retrieval of the equipment when no longer in use.
- Manages the amount of material at the job site to have as little as is practical without disrupting the efficient progress of the project and ensures that the Operations/Unit Manager is informed of surplus and unused materials.
- Maintains the jobsite inventory in a neat and orderly manner.
- Inspects equipment assigned to the jobsite and rejects defective equipment.
- Acts as first point-of-contact for the owner and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the safe implementation of all project activities and that the project conforms to all safety rules and regulations of Acousti Engineering Company, OSHA, or any other applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe worksite.
- Implements and manages required job-site safety program and conducts weekly “tool box talks”.
- Completes site accident reports immediately, completely and accurately.
- Ensures that punch list items and quality issues are addressed and managed effectively to expedite collection of retainages.
- Maintains friendly, cooperative relationships with the general contractor, subcontractors, engineers, architects and owners.
- Supervises apprentices and assigns tasks, when possible, to assist them in learning the trade.
- Willingness to “roll up his sleeves” and do what is necessary to get the job done.
- Honesty, integrity and a strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully in human issues with colleagues.
- Ability to create and maintain cooperative team building relationships.
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses in others and shift responsibilities to take advantage of those strengths.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- High school Diploma, GED or Equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in commercial contracting project supervision
- 3- 5 years of construction field experience
- PlanGrid familiarity
- MS Office familiarity
- Basic Computer Skills
- Production Tracking Software
Bi-Lingual is a plus (Spanish)