Engineering and Science Building
Vanderbilt University is an internationally recognized research university located in Nashville, Tennessee. Their unusually compact campus allows for not only trans-institutional research of the highest caliber, but also more connectivity between students and faculty members.
In 2014, construction began on the campus’ new Engineering and Science Building – a seven-story tower designed to further the institution’s growing reputation as a leading university. The 230,000-square-foot building became the next project for Acousti’s Nashville team as we were tasked with installing all of the wood ceilings and acoustical wall panels.
Acousti is known for our custom ceiling installations and for our flawless precision when executing them. This was definitely one of the reasons we were chosen for this project. There were a few main challenges for the project that truly needed the expertise that Acousti provides including; the height of the ceilings, delays in materials, and needing to work out of sequence with the other trades.
However, regardless of these challenges, our Nashville team was able to work diligently and complete the project on time.
Products used during this project included:
- Armstrong Custom WoodWorks Ceilings 7200 sf
- Armstrong Ultima Ceiling Tiles 9800 sf
- Armstrong Cirrus Ceiling Tiles 15400 sf
- Armstrong Optima Plank Ceiling Tiles 1300 lf
- Armstrong Knife Edge Axiom 1200 lf
- Armstrong Standard Axiom Trim 600 lf
- Armstrong Sound-Scape Blades 2064 lf
- AVL Systems Acoustical Wall Panels 3900 sf
- Hunter Douglas Open Cell Ceiling 1200 sf